Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The writing on the wall

I spent my weekend basking in the sun with friends and enjoyed Easter with my family.   I had the chance to check out a street art exhibit that's currently being showcased at the MOCA museum in Los Angeles which was amazing. As mentioned in a previous post, I am fascinated by street art; the intricate workmanship that goes into these pieces is a culture I'm completely absorbed by.  The art is beautiful but the movement behind it is what fascinates me.  It stems from the early 70's and over the past 40 years has become a global movement- a convergence of artists far and wide and their art is as much alive today as it was at commencement.

I wandered down to the museum turned left and voila, found myself in the land of street art.  The walls oozed of all forms of art work, beautiful bright vibrant colors that my eyes beheld and found themselves enamored with.

IMG_1998

IMG_1968

I'm wearing a white cotton voile blouse from H&M,  Zara trousers, my favorite new ballet flats that were a joyous find at Urban Outfitters, and my Rebecca Minkoff bag as a clutch.

IMG_2012

IMG_2022

This image is a close up shot of what is a 10 foot wall that is covered with images of graffiti throw-ups on the sides of trains.

IMG_2034

This is a Keith Haring piece; there was an entire section dedicated to the artist and his art work.

IMG_2057

There was also a section devoted to Banksy and his art work.  To be honest with you I'm not really too sure how I feel about Banksy's art work but I did enjoy this particular piece.

IMG_2075

IMG_2110

IMG_2068

This is a piece by the artist Andre who was a well known french graffiti artist in the 80's.  This is one of the more familiar figure type figures that he was familiarized with.

IMG_2148

IMG_2192

I managed to find Christy Turlington in a revamped Calvin Klein add while I browsed through art; she's such a babe.

IMG_2137

IMG_1962

I hope you enjoy the art as much as I did.  It was a terribly difficult decision to select the photos to post because there was so much beautiful art and I wish I could share it all with you.

IMG_2195

XO

N

No comments:

Post a Comment