Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend so far.  I had a chance to go watch the documentary Bill Cunningham New York today and it was amazing!  Bill Cunningham is a photo genius and I was so fascinated by the man and his brilliant work.  It was endearing to see legends such as Bill Cunningham, and Editta Sherman (also featured in the film), who are so passionate about fashion and their art and how they make these pieces of art more than just images.  It was really insightful to see him in action and to get a glimpse into the world of the man behind the camera.  I was so inspired by this movie, that I made one of his quotes in the film the title of this post.

DSC03175

DSC03384

DSC03220

DSC03381

DSC03345

I had a chance to take some photos recently in Chinatown.  I truly enjoy this little community and all of it's treasures- there is so much Asian culture within a few small blocks.  I used to live right down the street from Chinatown and I found myself missing which is why I decided to pay a much needed visit and frolic around in the sun.

DSC03324

DSC03317

DSC03269

I am wearing  my American Apparel item- 3-D flower mesh jumper, Zara slacks, Report clogs, Michael Kors watch, and Rebecca Minkoff purse.

DSC03392

DSC03257

DSC03213

DSC03193


XO

N

No comments:

Post a Comment